Marta Isabel Garcia
Marta is an EU and UK competition law expert, Marta is well known for advising clients on global multi-jurisdictional merger control, cartel and behavioural investigations as well as on a range of competition compliance and commercial agreement matters.
Clients highly value her practical and commercial approach to complicated antitrust issues, and her ability to provide global insights to increasingly global antitrust issues.
Marta has worked with companies across various industries, including life sciences and healthcare, and her work has taken her across the globe (i.e. Europe, Asia, Latin America and Africa).
Marta's life sciences experience includes advising:
- Acadia Healthcare on the competition law risks resulting from the proposed acquisition of Priory Hospitals in the UK, respectively two of the largest private providers of in-patient mental healthcare services in the UK; resulting in an extended Phase 1 merger review with significant divestments before the UK’s Competition & Markets Authority (“CMA”).
- HC-One, a leading provider of health and social care services in the UK on the merger control aspects of its acquisition of a portfolio of care homes from Bupa and securing a Phase I clearance from the CMA.
- KIMS Hospital on merger control issues relating to its proposed acquisition of the Sevenoaks Medical Centre from HCA Healthcare UK.
- ARIAD Pharmaceuticals (now part of INCYTE Corporation) on distribution/agency and supply management issues (especially refusal to supply/parallel import matters); as well as developing and rolling out dawn raid guidelines & compliance policy.
- BTG plc, a FTSE 250 specialist pharmaceutical company, on a range of multi-jurisdictional merger control issues in respect of M&A transactions.
- Piramal Healthcare on competition aspects relating to research collaboration arrangements as well as marketing and settlement agreements.
- Vernalis on various licensing agreements with competitors and non-competitors from an EU/UK competition law perspective.
Marta Garcia will go the extra mile for the client and dig into every point.